Silicon Valley Fashion Week?! was held over the course of three days (not quiiiiiite a week) in a concrete space that was transformed to a fashion extravaganza. Betabrand and Zappos were the host and sponsor of the shows. Each show featured multiple designers that embodied the essence of the Bay Area- everything from light-up LED clothing to accessories that doubled as headphones. It was the largest and most talked about fashion event in the Bay Area in 2016.
Attendance: 1,200 people over three days
Role: Co-Produced with Mustafa Productions. Managed performers, vendors, activations and backstage.
- New York Times: Silicon Valley Fashion Week is No Joke
- CNN Money: This is how Silicon Valley throws a Fashion Week
- Engadget: High tech meets haute couture at Silicon Valley Fashion Week
- Women’s Wear Daily: Why Silicon Valley Fashion Week?! Is Not a Joke
- Yahoo News: Why Silicon Valley Fashion Week?! is Not a Joke
- SFGate: Latest in high tech fashion from Silicon Valley Fashion Week?!
Some of our favorite moments of the show:
Warrior Within Designs
Tinsel: jewelry that doubles as headphones
Heidi Lee and this amazing head piece
A performance by hip-hop dance group The Tribe
Hoop Performer, Bradley Henderson
Black Light Visuals: a paint that that creates a marbling effect on your body.